Friday, April 18, 2014

Planes, Fly the Friendly Skies


P for Plane.  ( or for a P destination, I've blogger 39 times about Park City...yes there really is that much to see and do there. Traveling by plane can be positive or negative.  Yes, it's sometimes faster then driving your car, yes there are places you can fly that you can't drive your car, yes it's more expensive then driving your car........with a few exceptions.

How do you determine whether or not to fly or drive when making a trip?

  • How far are you traveling, how many tanks of gas would it take to get there, and how long in terms of hours?  Explore that fully.  Gas isn't cheap, and depending on the distance you're traveling you may need to factor in a hotel stay.  You also need to factor in how many times will you be stopping to eat, and how many mouths are you feeding.  Some trips can be cheaper to fly.  
  • Will you need a car once you're there?  Most likely and so now you also need to add the cost of a car rental.  
  • Time is important, you hate to lose valuable vacation time traveling; but even though plane's are considered to be quickier; you can still loose a whole day traveling.  Example:  If a car trip is around 6-8 hours, it's not much longer then a plane ride to the same location.  Arrive at the airport 1hour earlier then your flight, go through security, board, and actual flight time, wait for your luggage, wait again for your rental, drive to your location....that can come pretty close to how long it would take you to drive.  So here the determining factor might come down to how many people are traveling.
**After the close of April's A-Z, I plan to continue to write a post a day in the month of May using again the A-B-C's as my guide.  My focus for the month of May will be Spain.  I've been planning and almost have every letter thought out.  If others are interested in continuing to blog daily using our A-B-C's, please let me know.  We could start a linky and continue what we've begun during April.  I don't imagine it will be anywhere near the scope of the annual April Challenge.  But, if you're interested, please let me know in your comment.  And even if you're not up for another blog challenge, do stop back in, I have much to share from recent travels to Spain.**

If you're a new follower, please let me know so I can reciprocate.

10 comments:

  1. I do think it's great to have your own transportation once you get to the destination, but if time is a factor I'll usually fly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right you are Corinne, we do both...find car travel more relaxing; but time is a factor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd rather drive any day of the week. If only I could figure out how to get across the ocean in a car!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flying when it's a longish distance most times...but have driven 13 hours and a bit more when travelling on occasion. New follower : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I get in the car/truck and drive or ride most everywhere. Even though Texas is big, we are use to the wide open spaces and especially enjoy driving through the Hill Country this time of the year for the Wildflowers. Haven't flown since the early 90's...don't plan on flying ever again, but would if I had to. Thanks for flying by my blog and leaving a comment.
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandy, thanks for visiting my site and thank you for your tip regarding leaving my url - makes total sense!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to help, plus it will probably encourage more folks to return your visits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue, whatever you did didn't work. Your name is still a live link to your google profile page. After several clicks I did manage to get to your blog, but now I can't even leave you a comment. Your settings are such that ONLY google+ people can leave you a comment. That blocks ALL blogspot people, Disgus people and ALL other blog platforms. Looked for means of contacting you on your blog and profile page to let you know but was unable to see any way to let you know. I hope you'll see this note, and or someone will see it and let you know. Sorry I'm not able to return the favor of a visit and comment. I did click follow you on friends connect; but that's really of no value since I really can't communicate with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always loved flying. Especially is you are going to a city and plan on staying there. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We fly if it's a fair distance and no time to drive. Or like in May we drive since the furthest point is only 5 hours and will be visiting several cities on the trip

    ReplyDelete

ALL comments left with name and url will be returned. NO PROFILE links please!